research and development program faq's
Please see below some FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s) for the Loy Yang B Research and Development Program. The answers to further relevant questions will be posted here as they are provided to ensure all candidates receive the same information
What is the Loy Yang B Research and Development Program?
Loy Yang B Power Station is looking to collaborate with appropriately qualified organisations on a number of research projects to improve its operational profile in one or more of the following priority areas:Greenhouse e
- Greenhouse emission reduction;
- Efficiency improvements and optimisation (combustion and electrical generation);
- Reduction in emissions (air, waste and water);
- Resource (coal, water, heat, combustion by-products) utilisation or value add improvements.
This program consists of two sub-programs:
- Advancing Innovation Program - will identify project partners to participate in cooperative initiatives so that infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between project partners and Loy Yang B. Under this program Loy Yang B is seeking to work with project partners by providing in-kind support in the form of access to an 1100MW thermal power station.
- Innovation Development Fund – has funding support available to projects that improve the operational performance of Loy Yang B.
How much funding is available in the Innovation Development Fund?
This is a limited fund and capped at an annual amount for each year of the program.
What kind of projects are eligible?
You can view the eligibility criteria and guidelines here.
How do I submit my project or idea?
This process includes an Expression of Interest stage and a Detailed Application stage. Expressions of Interest will be sought initially, with applications to be completed on the Expression of Interest form and submitted electronically to the RD Program Manager via email email@example.com by midnight on the closing date, Wednesday 5 February 2020. Applications will only be considered if they are on the Expression of Interest form. Only successful applicants at the Expression of Interest stage will be invited to submit a Detailed Application.
Can I apply to both the Advancing Innovation Program and the Innovation Development Fund?
Yes. Check both boxes on the Expression of Interest form.
When will I hear back about my project or idea?
The following timeline shows the key dates for the research and development program:
How will I know my application has been received?
You will receive an automatic reply via email once your Expression of Interest has been received.
Where can I find out more information about Loy Yang B Power Station?
No technical data will be available to applicants at the Expression of Interest submission stage of the program. Please refer to the LYB Sustainability Report. The FY19 report is due for publication at the end of November 2019.
In addition a range of data exists in the public domain which can be accessed by the following links:
Applicants who are selected to submit a Detailed Application will have access to further information following completion of a non-disclosure agreement.
Can I ask another question?
Yes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses to relevant questions asked will be posted to this page to ensure all applicants get the same information.
© Copyright Loy Yang B